Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Landon!!

I can't believe it....Landon is 1 year old! It's true what everyone says, it goes by so fast! It feels like yesterday he was born, our 2 pound 4 oz. miracle baby. Now he's 18 pounds and a ball of energy! We celebrated the special occasion with a birthday party at a local park. The park was complete with jungle gym, pool, swings, and basketball court-plenty for all the kids to do. Unfortunately the day was pretty warm, so we cooled off with a water balloon toss.
I was pretty surprised at Landon's reaction when it was time for cake. He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth these days. I know it's the way kids his age explore the world. Go figure, the one thing we want to see him put in his mouth, he doesn't! It's not that he didn't like he, he ate the pieces I fed him. But, he didn't dive in.
He was very cautious at first... ....and then realized that frosting was the best kind of finger paint!
Pretty soon, he was covered...
...from head to toe!
I know this is horrible, but I put him in the pool to wash off! It was the quickest, easiest way and it worked like a charm.
I don't think he quite understood the whole present thing. Instead I let each child open the gift they brought for Landon. It was hilarious watching them get so excited describing the gift and why they chose it. It think the kids really enjoyed it.
The grand finale of the afternoon is when the fire truck came to the party with lights flashing and sirens blaring! You should have seen the looks on the kids faces-priceless! They all ran over and climbed in. Overall, the day was wonderful and we truly enjoyed spending it with friends and family that supported and loved us this past year. This is just the beginning, we have so many more adventures to experience!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Happy Birthday Landon! Can't believe he is 1 year old--how time flies! He is darling--looks like he had fun at his birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! how fun!! He is adorable!! That looks like a great party! So glad he is healthy and good : ) he is truely a miracle!

    ReplyDelete

John Galt - Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

Supreme and ruling values of life:

Reason-
The only tool of knowledge

Purpose
- Choosing to achieve happiness

Self-Esteem
- Inviolate certainty that his mind is competent to think and his person is worthy of happiness, which means:
is worthy of living
."