I suppose it happens to every mom, so I was bound to experience it sooner or later. Well, after 10 months of being a mom, it happened to me....... THE BLOW OUT! You know what I'm talking about, when your kid takes a bowel movement so big it attempts to escape the confines of his diaper and his clothes!
Our happy, little family had gone to Gruene for the afternoon. A super cute town near New Braunfels, filled with cute shops, eateries and wineries, even a Bed-n-Breakfast. We went to eat at The Gristmill, an awesome restaurant with a great patio over looking the Guadalupe River.
We brought the Bumbo for Landon to sit in. He played and ate off our plates while Scott and I enjoyed our meals. (Yep, he's eating big people food now....in tiny pieces).
Scott always gives me a hard time for carting around the heavy diaper bag where ever we go, but I always do because you never know what might happen. Well, this day made carrying a heavy diaper bag completely worth while! Thank goodness I had a plastic bag to hold the poop-covered clothes and another outfit to dress him in. I proceeded to strip him down and use what seemed like 2 dozen wipes to get all the poop off his back, ankles and everything in between!
Mean while, Landon laughed, smiled and squirmed through it all. He didn't understand what all the fuss was about. I'm sure he never felt better after getting all that out!



No comments:
Post a Comment