Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So Big!

Landon is right at 7 1/2 months now and getting so big! He had an appointment with the pulmonologist today (he goes in monthly for shots that prevent him from acquiring RSV-a respiratory virus). He weighed 12 lbs. 10 oz. and was 24 in. long!
Because of his low birth weight and early arrival, Landon qualified for the Developmental Assessment Program at the Children's Hospital here in Austin. They follow him for the first three years, evaluating him for developmental and physical delays. A couple weeks ago we went in for an assessment. Landon scored right on track in all areas: gross motor, fine motor, receptive language, and expressive language! Keep in mind, they did test him as a 4 month old. During these assessments for the first three years, they consider him according to his gestational age. From four years old and on, he will go by his true age.
We know with his sparkling personality, exceptional intelligence and excellent genetic traits, he'll be caught up to the other kids in no time! (I don't sound like a biased Mom....do I? ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yay Landon!!! I cannot believe he is 7 1/2 months already!! How far along were you when he was born? I can't remember if you were in your 3rd trimester or not. I am 27 weeks this week and feeling great. I always think of you though, thank God Landon is healthy and doing so well!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went into labor when I was as far along as you are now! Crazy huh? Thank goodness for the power of prayer, positive thinking and modern medicine! So glad your pregnancy is going well, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yippee Landon! can't wait to meet him. :)

    ReplyDelete

John Galt - Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

Supreme and ruling values of life:

Reason-
The only tool of knowledge

Purpose
- Choosing to achieve happiness

Self-Esteem
- Inviolate certainty that his mind is competent to think and his person is worthy of happiness, which means:
is worthy of living
."