Luckily our new house is located just a few miles away from the local, public elementary school. Unfortunately however, their pre-k program is only half day...that is if you consider half day only 3 hours ;) Perhaps I am spoiled because Landon had such a fantastic school in Texas, but 3 hours a day to "learn his letters" isn't quite what Landon is used to. I hope I'm not sounding like an arrogant, biased mother...but Landon is a sharp kid and that coupled with his excellent experience at a Montessori school since he was 18 months old really put him at an advantage to his peers here. Not only can he already write all of his letters, he's already reading! Okay...now this is me sounding like a proud mother :)
Even though this program isn't what he's used to, I was still eager to get him enrolled in order to meet new friends, have a sense of community and get assimilated into our new life in Maine. This is his class after school - the teacher walks all of them outside and onto the bus. All but a few kids take the bus to and from school everyday.
We were here to pick up Landon on his first day - that's him in the red jacket, looking quite depressed because he didn't get to go on the bus like all of his friends.
So being the compromising mother that I am, I let him come home on the bus the next day. Although, I still drive him in the mornings. (Not really okay with him riding the bus in the morning with the 6th graders!)
The first few days he rode the bus, the weather was horrendous, so only I went outside to greet him after school.
Since then the weather has been better - 20's/30's - so we all go outside to wait for brother! Mommy, Phoebe, Grammie and Rocco!
Phoebe is excited every day to wait for Landon and greet him as he gets off the bus.
Rocco just looks for an excuse to get outside ;)
It's adorable to watch him wave goodbye to all his friends and see their little faces pressed against the glass waving back at him!












No comments:
Post a Comment