Aside from some random cold spells, the weather here has been pretty nice...which means it's been all about outdoor play lately. Every day ends with hanging in the front or back yard, riding bikes, playing in the sand box or trying out the new lounge chairs.....
I tried so hard to get a picture of the two of them in their new chairs. When taking pics of kids be sure to have lots of memory on your phone or camera...it's all about quantity, then maybe you'll find one quality!
Finally, I got one where they're both looking at the camera!
While Landon's at school during the day, Phoebe and I take advantage of the cooler weather in the morning and often go on walks.
They usually end with me sitting on the drive way while she tastes (yes I said tastes) every stick, rock, leaf, flower and patch of dirt in the yard. It's hard to see in this picture, but she had dirt drool rolling down her face and chin. Although, you can see the top teeth coming in! (And yes, that hat is way too big.)
We finally got around to hanging our swing in the back. I remember Landon swinging in it at the old house ;)
Landon has been talking about camping for weeks. I felt badly because I think he would probably like it, but I'm just not up to the challenge of a real camping trip....especially with a one year old. So instead, we set up the tent in the back yard. We bbq'ed hot dogs for dinner, roasted marshmallows that evening and watched a movie in the tent when the sun went down - a full camping experiences....except I told him it was going to rain that night and we had to sleep inside. (I'm a mean mommy:)
Some afternoons have definitely been warm enough to warrant play at the water table. Phoebe loved it....and Landon loved splashing her :)
Our trip to the park last weekend found us exploring the baseball game next to the playground. Landon was very interested in the game and kept asking questions about the rules. Maybe t-ball's in our future?? He picked a bouquet full of dandelions that he ended up giving to the girl in the background of this picture. Her brother was on one of the teams playing in the game, so she was there watching. She took a great interest in Landon and wanted to marry him ;)
Pheebs wandering the field.
Landon recently attended a birthday party for a friend. I just love seeing him playing with his friends and watching how he interacts with his peers, so cute!
Oh Pheebs, you're just too much!



No comments:
Post a Comment