Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Catch up

 Okay, it's time to play catch up!
We all know Landon is in LOVE with anything that has wheels and has been since he arrived in this world.  We currently have lots of construction around town and I thought it was the perfect opportunity for us to check out some bulldozers. 
 One evening, we found a spot off the road where workers had parked several bulldozers and dump trucks.  We hopped the fence (sssshhhh) and went discovering.  Landon was in heaven!  Scott helped him climb up a few dozers, which he thought was the "coolest."
 Phoebe was less impressed with the bulldozers, so we went walking instead.  By the way, I love that she's old enough for the Bjorn now!  It's such a fun to have her close to me and be hands free!
 This is my favorite spot in her room to take pictures.  Every day after we take a bath and get dressed, I sit her in the chair and do a "photo shoot."  She has too many cute outfits not to take pictures!
 Daddy finished his semester and has a week off, so we are thoroughly enjoying him being around.  He and Phoebe are especially close :)
 Although, Daddy and Landon are buddies as well. 
 Landon LOVES helping Daddy any time there are tools involved.  Before they started working on this 4-wheeler, Landon walked inside with Scott toward the garage and informed me "we're going to get tools to work on the free-wheeler, see ya later momma." (for some reason he calls it a 3-wheeler, instead of a 4-wheeler).
 Landon has been so patient with me lately, understanding that I'm often in need of a nap in the afternoons, and usually joining me.
I've been back to work for a month now, and although I'd rather not be working I'm very grateful that I have a job that allows me to work from home.  This way I still get to be at home with Phoebe and contribute to our family. 
 If you haven't already noticed, Phoebe has the coolest hair ever!  This day we decided to rock the pompadour!  Watch out Elvis!
 We were lucky enough to have some family over last weekend to celebrate Phoebe's arrival into our family.  I was worried about the weather, but it turned out to be pretty nice outside. The kids spent the whole morning outside playing in the sandbox, pushing each other in the wagon, sliding down the slide and catching frogs.  Landon is holding a frog here.  We have an entire colony of baby frogs in our yard and the kids thought it was the greatest thing ever to catch them!
 Unfortunately we didn't get all the cousins, but here are some of them together.  Of course it was impossible to get them all smiling and looking at the camera at the same time...I'll take it though!
 We call ourselves "The Married-In's"  we're not the true cousins, just the ones they married :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Galt - Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

Supreme and ruling values of life:

Reason-
The only tool of knowledge

Purpose
- Choosing to achieve happiness

Self-Esteem
- Inviolate certainty that his mind is competent to think and his person is worthy of happiness, which means:
is worthy of living
."