Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Story

I had just had a doctors appointment the day before, where I was informed I was no more dilated or effaced than the week before...boy was I disappointed! I was SO ready to have this baby! After I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and accept that she was going to come when she was ready....my water broke :) I made it to the hospital at 6am....
....She was born by 1:22pm that day! All in all, the whole experience was great. I had an awesome L&D nurse who got my epidural ordered very early on (YAY!), I progressed very quickly and painlessly and she was delivered before Landon even got out of school that afternoon!
The pushing part was harder than I thought it would be, but I guess anything is harder than pushing out a 2 pound baby...I didn't have much to compare it to :) But look at this face - TOTALLY worth it!
Landon is the best big brother! He was so gentle and loving, wanting to give sister a hug and a kiss.
Our happy family - Mommy, Daddy, son and daughter. Doesn't get much better :)
We had been talking to Landon a lot about how he will teach Phoebe things, he suggested how to use a flash light and pliers, how to play cars and tractors (so cute!)
We left the hospital after 24 hours, thank goodness! Who can get sleep with people coming in your room 24/7 and poking and prodding you! In addition, we were eager to get home to Landon and maintain his routine.
The first thing he asked was to hold his sister. He put his arms around her and patted her, my heart melted! Whenever she cries now he says, "Don't cry Phoebe, it's okay." He is going to be the best big brother!
I admit, it's pretty fun having a girl! I love the bows and pink outfits :)
Since we can't give real baths yet, Phoebe got a sponge bath yesterday. She has TONS of hair but after it was washed, it seemed to have doubled! I love it!
Our pretty princess having sweet dreams. We are so grateful to have had a healthy pregnancy, healthy and safe delivery and to bring home a healthy baby girl. What a blessing we've been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Galt - Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

Supreme and ruling values of life:

Reason-
The only tool of knowledge

Purpose
- Choosing to achieve happiness

Self-Esteem
- Inviolate certainty that his mind is competent to think and his person is worthy of happiness, which means:
is worthy of living
."