Monday, February 27, 2012

Baby Girl's Room

I am getting so impatient for baby girl to arrive! I am so excited, I can't stand it. I often go sit on the rocker in her room and imagine us being there together. I have to offer enormous gratitude and praise for my Mom who helped create the sanctuary that baby girl will reside in!
We were able to re-purpose a lot of the furniture for the room, only needing to buy a few small pieces. The rocker/glider was in Landon's room, we found a new slip cover for it...on Sale!
The shelves also used to be in Landon's room.
My Mom made these beautiful curtains. Unfortunately, the poor light and my poor photography skills don't do these curtains justice, they're adorable! Beautiful shades of pale pink, green and off white. They were the inspiration colors for the rest of the room.
This awesome dresser was a trash find! I'm all about free stuff...if it's FREE, it's for ME! When I knew we were going to need a dresser for her room, I would drive through my neighborhood on trash day looking for things people leave at the curb for trash pick up. I found this dresser at someone's curb among their trash cans! I enlisted Scott's help, loaded it in the back of his truck and brought it home. My Mom gave it a good cleaning, Scott gave it some new drawer pulls....and voila!
We did buy this fan, on Sale at Lowes, and attached the super cute jewel for added girlieness :)
This was another buy I couldn't pass up...a flower humidifier! We always used a humidifier when Landon was a baby...actually, we still use it all the time for him! I knew we'd want one for her room too, so I thought this flower would fit perfectly!
We did put a couple sentimental things in her room....like my first pair of ballet slippers.....
...and a picture of me when I was Landon's age. I'm sure baby girl will love her new home, I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Galt - Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

Supreme and ruling values of life:

Reason-
The only tool of knowledge

Purpose
- Choosing to achieve happiness

Self-Esteem
- Inviolate certainty that his mind is competent to think and his person is worthy of happiness, which means:
is worthy of living
."