Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fire Station Tour

I belong to a local MOMS club comprised of stay at home moms. We plan activities and field trips to keep the kids occupied and allow the moms an opportunity to chat with other adults! Yesterday I organized a field trip to the fire station here in Kyle. Needless to say, it was a hit! We had 50 people show up, 20 moms and 30 kids!! Our Chief gave everyone a tour of the station, then let the kids climb on the trucks and try on fire gear. They were in heaven! At the end, he passed out fire fighter badge stickers and plastic, red fire hats. I was so happy everyone had a good time and learned about fire safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Galt - Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

Supreme and ruling values of life:

Reason-
The only tool of knowledge

Purpose
- Choosing to achieve happiness

Self-Esteem
- Inviolate certainty that his mind is competent to think and his person is worthy of happiness, which means:
is worthy of living
."