Landon recently had his 9 month well check. Things went extremely well! The pediatrician was very pleased with Landon's progress. He weighed 14 lbs. 9 oz. and was 26 in. long. She did have some bad news for us.....apparently walkers are a no-no :(
This news was a big bummer for us because Landon LOVES his walker!

The pediatrician explained that walkers can be dangerous because babies can "wander" into places they aren't supposed to be. She also said walkers can possibly hinder babies learning to walk....go figure!

Well, I think I'm going to continue being a "bad" mommy and let Landon play in his walker. He has so much fun while in it, playing and walking around (not to mention it gives me a chance to fix dinner or clean up). I'll just have to limit the amount of time he gets in it each day....wouldn't want any delays in walking!
I was a bad mommy too! Makena loved playing in her walker--as long as you keep an eye on them, they can't wander anywhere too dangerous. And she started walking at 11 months, so it didn't really affect her walking on her own. We all had them didn't we?? The "dos" and "don'ts" are a bit over the top these days! At least that's my feeling! Haha!
ReplyDeleteOh I would not even worry about it. I am sure if you asked like 5 other pedi's they would all say something completely different. If it keeps him happy and you aren't letting him "wander" off alone into places...I think he will just be fine..and you will still be an awesome mommy : )
ReplyDelete