Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And Then There Was Cereal

Landon turned 6 months old this week! It seems as though he knew the 6 month mark was coming and decided to grow up a bit. He had his first cereal meal today.....and loved it! I noticed that for the last week or so Landon has been extremely interested in everything I ate or drank. He would stare at me with fascination. Don't tell his pediatrician, but I was eating a tortilla the other day and held up a piece of it to his mouth....he went crazy, reaching for it, licking it and trying (in his primitive, inexperienced way) to eat it. So, I figured it was time to try something other than bottles.
We started with just an ounce, not sure how he would react. Well, it turns out I couldn't get the cereal in his mouth fast enough! We had to scramble to make more once the ounce was gone. He took 3 ounces in all and was very satisfied at the end of his meal.
We are so excited Landon is making such great progress. He has been not only reaching, but crushing his milestones! I couldn't be a prouder mama!

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh! What a Cutie!! That is so awesome that he loves it!! We just tried with Connor-and he hates it SOO bad-he makes him self dry heave and gag until it's out of his mouth! So I give up for a little while :)

    ps. sorry I have been a horrible cousin (in-law, hehe) and haven't written you or called lately! I have been so busy-but I still love you and will get in touch soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's already eating baby cereal!!! How cute!! I can't wait to meet that little guy. :) He's determined to get big and strong so he can wrestle with his Uncle Chad.

    ReplyDelete

John Galt - Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

Supreme and ruling values of life:

Reason-
The only tool of knowledge

Purpose
- Choosing to achieve happiness

Self-Esteem
- Inviolate certainty that his mind is competent to think and his person is worthy of happiness, which means:
is worthy of living
."